Steam Client Update – September 11th
A new Steam client has been released and will be automatically downloaded.
- Added support for Indonesian language
- Allow the settings window to be resized.
- Fixed empty folders not being re-created when verifying a game installation.
- Improved reliability of Back button.
- Fixed a case where non-steam games could disappear from the library.
- Adjusted the low battery notification for laptops/handheld PCs to only fire in the overlay or the main BPM window
- Fixed windows being able to set minimum sizes larger than their display dimensions.
- Fixed issue where some steam:// protocol handlers were not handled correctly due to case sensitivity. Example: steam://url/communityfilepage/
was not working correctly.
- Fixed issue with steam://connect/
: / was not handled.
- Fixed clicking “Play Game” links in event news causing client popup windows to close.
- steamwebhelper support dialog is now shown if the main client window cannot be created at startup.
Big Picture Mode
- Fixed switching from fullscreen to windowed mode when a full-screen video is dismissed.
- Fixed notifications stealing focus when shown in overlay.
- Fixed overlay freezing when a file dialog is shown.
- The overlay tabbed browser will now wait until the overlay has been activated for the first time before restoring saved tabs.
- Added an option to In Game settings that allows toggling whether overlay browser tabs will be restored when starting a game.
- Fixed bug with Steam Overlay in DirectX12 not releasing resources
- Fixed touchpad input when using the Victrix and Qanba PS4/PS5 arcade sticks
- Reduced lag when switching between pages in the “Edit Layout” view for configurations with large numbers of action sets/layers/mode-shifts
- Fixed the DualSense firmware update dialog from popping up when the controller was connected over Bluetooth and already up to date
- Added the ability to bind Steam Input API trigger actions to button inputs
- Fixed a case where Steam Cloud saves could be synced to a computer that did not have the game installed if the game was available for streaming from another PC
- Fixed controller buttons being stuck down
- Added support for 4K high quality streaming presets
- Fixed occasional crash when streaming using NVIDIA NvFBC capture
- Fixed occasional crash directly launching a game from the Steam Link UI
- Added support for HEVC video encoding when streaming to macOS
- Fixed device authorization dialog not showing if Steam Link connects while Steam is starting up
- Fixed a bug which could cause a server browser query to stop prematurely without pinging all of the servers
- Fixed some screenshot thumbnails on the activity feed not being properly obscured when marked as spoiler
- Fixed a case where a Library Folder could be forgotten when a drive was unplugged from the system.
- Fixed keyboard shortcuts not working in store Paypal web view.