Steam Client Update – August 1st
A new Steam client has been released and will be automatically downloaded.
- Added timer to the overlay. You can enable this button in the in-game settings.
- Improved library performance for users with large numbers of collections.
- Fixed some confirmation dialogs not closing with the cancel or X buttons.
- Fixed “Clear Download Cache” also deleting cached login information.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a Steam Guard code to fail the first time it is entered, and then succeed immediately after that.
- Fixed Steam Overlay not respecting Windows scale factor for full screen windows at heights <= 1200px.
- Fixed Windows scale factors <150% not applying to Steam overlay.
- Fixed a hitch that some players with large libraries might encounter every 15 minutes while playing a game.
- Fixed main client window taking focus from other Steam windows when navigation menus are hovered.
- Fixed notifications for achievements not firing when offline.
- Fixed wallet balance not updating in title bar when balance hits zero.
- Fixed incorrect display of “Notify me about additions or changes to my games…” setting in interface settings if it had never been changed before.
- Added the ability to sort by date added to library to shelves and game grids.
- Added a setting to display Steam Deck compatibility information in the library while not on a Steam Deck.
- Added In-Game setting to allow enabling or disabling display scaling in the overlay.
- Changed behavior of overlay tabbed browser to clear all tabs when the close button is clicked and added a minimize button to hide the browser as the close button previously did.
- Fixed intermittent crash in overlay browser when switching to overlay for in-game purchases.
Big Picture Mode
- PlayStation Controller can now use touchpad typing in the on-screen keyboard
- Fixed presentation and localization of items in the Special Offers section.
- Improved navigation in the configurator when navigating from the Preview screen. Repeatedly going to Preview then an input will no longer build up loops in the back stack and you can now go back with a single B button press if you’ve not interacted with the left column.
- Added the ability to copy and paste button/axis mappings when setting up input for unrecognized controllers.
- The selected controller configuration shown in the configurator should now update quicker and more reliably, including when exporting configs.
- DualSense Wireless Controllers will now remain in DirectInput compatible mode over Bluetooth when Steam Input is disabled.
- Fixed some cases where navigation changes from the previous beta could result in a blank page in the configurator.
- Fixed detecting controllers using the Xbox Enhanced Feature Support driver.
- Fixed changing effects on PS4 and PS5 controllers when Steam Input is not enabled.
- Added a setting to display timestamps in the Steam console window.
- Changed Steam console window to keep the last several seconds of output even if that would exceed the normal buffer length.
- Fixed command echo sometimes appearing on the same line as the previous output.
- Fixed clear_console command not doing anything.
- Fixed file chooser dialog not opening for some actions.
- Fixed file chooser not allowing directories to be selected in some cases.
- Fixed Steam app pulling focus back to the previous space when switching to a space without a Steam Client window on it.
- Fixed app hiding not working with Steam Client windows.
- Fixed Steam Client windows not allowing dragging past the height of the titlebar on the main screen when running with multiple displays.
- Fixed navigation menus not opening on mouse-over of buttons when the store or community browsers are focused.
- Fixed a case where the controller input thread could operate at normal instead of high scheduling priority.
- Fixed file dialogs not appearing in some cases for systems without an active xdg-desktop-portal
- Fixed a rare crash when processing shaders.
- Fixed a case where the UI would show the wrong image when switching between small mode and normal mode.
- Additional fixes for file dialogs for systems where xdg-desktop-portal is not available.