Steam Client Update – November 16th
New Big Picture Mode
- Updated Big Picture is now available for testing. You can read more about it in this blog post. Modify your Steam client shortcut and add -gamepadui on the command-line to automatically start Steam in the new Big Picture Mode. Alternatively, pass -newbigpicture to start in Desktop mode and have access to the new Big Picture Mode at any time.
- Reduced client startup times for users with large game libraries
- Fixed issue where launching a game would take longer to start if there was no network connection
- Fixed VR flags not showing up in app details for some games
- Center the popup controller configurator window when viewing controller layout
- Fixed circular download progress indicator being broken in game entry list
- Fixed downloads page crashing when starting in offline mode
- Downloads page now properly responds to online/offline status
- Updated “Steam News” popup dialog (again)
- Fix a case where if the sign-in UI had cached credentials which had become invalid, it could get stuck and not accept valid credentials thereafter
- Fixed an input focus bug requiring an initial click on the sign in UI before you could type your username or password
- Fixed issues with dragging or closing the sign in window, and related display scaling issues, on computers with nonstandard desktop scaling
- Fixed an edge case in handling of invalid cached credentials affecting reauthentication
- Fixed issue with sign in refresh UI when the user had already signed in once during the current session.
- Gyro Enabling: The “Touch” option is now available to controllers which do not have capacitive touch sensors – Moving joysticks out of their deadzone now counts as a “Touch”.
- All controller types can each now optionally choose to use a Nintendo-style layout. This flips the A and B button and X and Y button universally in Steam and in games.
- The Xbox extended features driver has been updated for Windows 11
- Fixed hang when the Amazon Luna controller rumbles on macOS
- Fixed issue with the touch binding in As Mouse mode releasing before the end of a swipe
- Fixed occasional long hitches during Windows desktop capture
- Fixed glyphs for third party Nintendo controllers while streaming
- Fixed issue that caused some OpenXR app images to not appear properly in SteamVR