AD BLOCKER DETECTED! Parts of site failed to load... Please disable your ad-blocker or white-list our website. It blocks more than ads and causes parts of the site to not work. Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Kakashi2020

Which freelance job site do you spend most time in?

For those who work online full-time or part-time, which site do you spend most time in? What kind of work do you do there? 

I am using a tutoring site where I answer questions and I help students mostly or anyone who has anything to ask, I spend around six hours a day on this site.

It took most of my time transcribing audio using gotranscription site and upwork as well. there's really a lot of online jobs when I started and so far I these are the two who eats up my time at least it's worth it and it's free subscription but for gotranscript you need to take an exam to test your expertise on transcribing audios.

4 hours ago, Marako0406 said:

It took most of my time transcribing audio using gotranscription site and upwork as well. there's really a lot of online jobs when I started and so far I these are the two who eats up my time at least it's worth it and it's free subscription but for gotranscript you need to take an exam to test your expertise on transcribing audios.

Is it difficult to pass the test in gotranscription? How much you earn there? I am planning also to work online about transcription but I don't have much idea about those kind of work. In upwork do you really have to get interview if you will apply for transcribing?.

I spend more time in upwork right now, trying to learn and to know about their site and how to apply and get a client, but honestly, I'm still not getting any work from that site. 

honestly I am only doing postloop portal right now, before I used to give proposal on other freelancing site like upwork, I also have tried spending time in humanatics and picoworker but it takes so much time just to be able to pay out, unlike postloop portal that you don't really have to spend so much time posting in every furoms available, yes the pay out maybe quite small at least it can be continuous unlike other site.

I spend most of my time in my blog site. This days I'm quite lost of something to write. I keep on reveiwing my old articles to gain some motivations in writing again but still  nothing. By the way, I linked my blog to Google Adsense to monetize it. I usually post an article about reviews and travel destinations. 

On 6/20/2018 at 12:08 AM, nekonieden said:

Is it difficult to pass the test in gotranscription? How much you earn there? I am planning also to work online about transcription but I don't have much idea about those kind of work. In upwork do you really have to get interview if you will apply for transcribing?.

I think I just got lucky for passing in gotranscription. Actually I really thought that I have good listening skills, I think that 's the one thing I got from having an experience in a contact center but that's ages ago haha. Every audio in gotranscript is different. You will be paid depending on the duration of the audio for example if it's 10 minutes long, you will get $2.50 sometimes higher or lower.

On 6/20/2018 at 12:08 AM, nekonieden said:

In upwork, interview varies and depends on the client. Some prefer a phone interview or just chat in there. Others clients want to see you so video interview is required. It's up to you where you're comfortable with, hope you find a good one.

9 hours ago, Marako0406 said:

I think I just got lucky for passing in gotranscription. Actually I really thought that I have good listening skills, I think that 's the one thing I got from having an experience in a contact center but that's ages ago haha. Every audio in gotranscript is different. You will be paid depending on the duration of the audio for example if it's 10 minutes long, you will get $2.50 sometimes higher or lower.

Ow I see. That would be a good experience for you which will help you in the future. I'll just try my best to pass the test hehe, wish me goodluck. By the way, thank you so much for answering my questions.

9 hours ago, Marako0406 said:

In upwork, interview varies and depends on the client. Some prefer a phone interview or just chat in there. Others clients want to see you so video interview is required. It's up to you where you're comfortable with, hope you find a good one.

Have you experience video interview? Actually I don't have yet experience video interviews so I wanted to know how does it feel being interviewed in skype. I easily get nervous so I am just afraid I can't answer their questions directly infront of the video haha. 

12 hours ago, nekonieden said:

Have you experience video interview? Actually I don't have yet experience video interviews so I wanted to know how does it feel being interviewed in skype. I easily get nervous so I am just afraid I can't answer their questions directly infront of the video haha. 

Not yet, just chat and phone interview. It's really okay to be nervous but be professional, just say your thoughts because there's no other person sees you besides the one behind the camera. Be yourself! Promote yourself in a simple way you would think that's okay with you if you are the one whose interviewing another person. Maybe practice in the mirror, It helps.

Can someone here suggest more? I am just currently working in postloop but I need more to earn some income. Thank you. I hope that this will be notice.

Upwork is still the most reliable site for me in terms of freelancing and the number of available jobs which I get accepted in. 

On 6/22/2018 at 12:54 AM, Marako0406 said:

Not yet, just chat and phone interview. It's really okay to be nervous but be professional, just say your thoughts because there's no other person sees you besides the one behind the camera. Be yourself! Promote yourself in a simple way you would think that's okay with you if you are the one whose interviewing another person. Maybe practice in the mirror, It helps.

Okay dear! Yeah I agree with you that being nervous is just a normal for each and everyone of us. By the way thank you for giving me a tip and advice. I really appreciate it. I will do your advice to practice in the mirror. Thanks a lot @Marako0406

On 6/19/2018 at 2:38 PM, Marako0406 said:

I work as a writer and currently I am in the process of transitioning into a transcriber. I hope that I can be able to maximize my income and looking for reliable sites like transcribeme. Any advice would be appreciated.