AD BLOCKER DETECTED! Parts of site failed to load... Please disable your ad-blocker or white-list our website. It blocks more than ads and causes parts of the site to not work. Thank you!

Miiayson

Games you like that don't look too great

Gameplay is king, if PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is any indication. A game can come to be generally viewed as fun, and have relatively unremarkable looks.

Even still, it's true that a lacking presentation can get a fun game in trouble. People give Capcom's latest entry in the iconic Versus series, Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, a lot of flack, and that game has suffered for it (it's widely rumored that Capcom will stop supporting it soon), but most people who've played it and give it flack still feel the gameplay is top notch.

That said, are there any old or new games you like that you feel aren't visually impressive?

I think the Red alert.  But actually it's very interesting and strategy game.  Although the graphics is not really bad but also not good, and always lag specially if you going to attack, but in spite of this, I'm still like to play this game. 

On 5/18/2018 at 8:17 AM, ion said:

I think the Red alert.  But actually it's very interesting and strategy game.  Although the graphics is not really bad but also not good, and always lag specially if you going to attack, but in spite of this, I'm still like to play this game. 

It's bad when a game consistently lags during gameplay. I heard that in a version of a game I like, Final Fantasy Tactics, there's a bug where certain attacks cause really bad slowdown.

I'm going to have to take your word for it about Red Alert, since I'm not familiar with the Red Alert series. I had to Google it to remember it. I am familiar with the soundtrack though, I think specifically from Red Alert: Command and Conquer.

On 5/21/2018 at 4:26 AM, Miiayson said:

It's bad when a game consistently lags during gameplay. I heard that in a version of a game I like, Final Fantasy Tactics, there's a bug where certain attacks cause really bad slowdown.

I'm going to have to take your word for it about Red Alert, since I'm not familiar with the Red Alert series. I had to Google it to remember it. I am familiar with the soundtrack though, I think specifically from Red Alert: Command and Conquer.

Yeah, that's right, the command an conquer.  This strategy game is really awesome but the lagging is really worst.  It's really hard to enjoy this specially if about to attack.  After you make your army stronger, lagging will come out and it's really annoying.

Maybe GTA San Andreas, this game is my favorite game when I was a kid and absolutely good and fun to play. I just like to play this game doing different missions in the game, but the graphics is not good than the graphics of new games today. However, I stopped playing this game because I feel bored to play this game.

There are so many of them but I would just point out Final Fantasy 1 to Final Fantasy 6. I really appreciate these games series but as a result of its poor graphics, it never gave me joy playing them. 

I do like the old version of red alert. old school 2D graphics small people but still the gameplay is the first of its kind.. I like the new versions of the red alert too. more 3D graphics but I guess it takes too much of the graphic card that it tends to go so slow with low end computers.

I really love Final Fantasy VII even though the graphics are rough. This game came out in 1997, the characters look horrible but I have fun playing the game, and that's all that matters. 

Has anyone here played Hollow Knight? I like it even though it has 2D Graphics. The art style looks cool though. Even if many people prefer playing games because of their looks, I prefer gameplay and story over graphics.

Nectaris: Military Madness for the Playstation was very horrible graphically but I still played it up to the end because of its very addictive gameplay.

hqdefault.jpg

The game was a simple turn based military strategy game. The goal was simple - to either wipe out all enemy units or to capture all enemy bases. But despite its simplicity, the added terrain effects, various units available for battle, and the importance of positioning made the game a lot more fun and challenging.

It didn't have state of the art graphics. It didn't have a memorable story. But its gameplay was enough to keep me hooked.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, JackOAT said:

I really love Final Fantasy VII even though the graphics are rough. This game came out in 1997, the characters look horrible but I have fun playing the game, and that's all that matters. 

yes final fantasy 7 is a rough graphics RPG but the storyline is still great. I guess most final fantasy from 7 below doesn't really look great. also most games on PS1 It is the first ever 3D like character ever made.. well you can't blame them because it was the very first, but as It progress, it changes to a whole new level.