AD BLOCKER DETECTED! Parts of site failed to load... Please disable your ad-blocker or white-list our website. It blocks more than ads and causes parts of the site to not work. Thank you!

EternalWarrior

Why you stop playing certain games

We've all been there.  Our once favorite games become too difficult, too expensive, too boring, too time consuming - too something - that make us stop playing.  What variable was the breaking point that made you put down a game?  Once you stop playing are you usually done for good or do you pick it up again down the road.

I'm into sci-fi movies and books, plus I had friends already playing the game, so World of Warcraft really appealed to me.  At first it was fun to explore different worlds and meet new people, but each expansion pack was full of annoying glitches that made the game a real grind to play.  I stopped playing when it became too frustrating a few years ago.  I've heard from friends that the game has improved so I'm planning to pick it back up. 

What about you? 

I relate a lot with this. I'm having a hard time letting go of Plants Vs. Zombies 2. It's an android game. It was fun in the beginning. But it gradually became more of a grind as the game went on. I'm still thinking about playing it again. But it really is time consuming.

• Like 1

Actually, my first game I have played was Mario, after a few years I have stopped to play this game because it became boring and new more interesting games was released.

• Like 1

Well, there are a lot of factors that affects our interest to the game we used to play. Personally, I've also come up to the point that I abandoned my game before which is actually my favorite one but due to some personal matters, I decided to let it go though it is very hard for me to stop playing it. I've stopped for many years already and one time when I tried to play it again, my excitement isn't the same as before. But now, there are a lot of good games we can play as much as we want. 

• Like 1

In general, most of the games I have played and really enjoyed were only stopped because I have already played the game for about more than 2 years and I've basically exhausted every possible thing that I can do, plus if there's a new game which is good to replace my previous game (e.g. Skyrim being dropped to Fallout). In other cases, I just can't handle the game for some reason, for example, first-shooter games. I really tried playing these games but I just get severe dizziness when I play even with my friends, so I just stopped playing them completely even if I enjoyed them.

• Like 1

Sometimes I've stopped playing a game because I've lost or misplaced a game, for one reason or the other. Some games I've stopped playing because after I bought the game, I'll play it for a little while, and then loose interest. There are only so many hours in the day, and certain activities take more time than others, so sometimes my gaming has to take a backseat. Not often though.

Edited by Miiayson
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Miiayson said:

Sometimes I've stopped playing a game because I've lost or misplaced a game, for one reason or the other. Some games I've stopped playing because after I bought the game, I'll play it for a little while, and then loose interest. There are only so many hours in the day, and certain activities take more time than others, so sometimes my gaming has to take a backseat. Not often though.

*lose interest

• Like 1

Aside from FPS issue, bugs and problems. The main reason I stop playing this awesome Battle Royale game is that I encounter players that are cheating or otherwise gaining an unfair advantage over other players through the use of unauthorized methods that are not supported by the game developers.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 5:39 PM, wallet said:

Actually, my first game I have played was Mario, after a few years I have stopped to play this game because it became boring and new more interesting games was released.

I feel like this is one of those games you play after a long while. It's fun to reminisce with a game or two. But it doesn't hold your interest as much as it did in the past.

• Like 1

I agree, when a game becomes boring, I definitely stop playing it and try to find another game that will make me enjoy it. I remember a game on my phone that I really like to play named clash of clan, but after a year I lose interest from it and I feel bored to play it again.

• Like 1

I have played lots of games more than I can ever remember in this life and I have quit a lot of them as well. A lot things actually can contribute to my quitting a particular game or sticking with it over a long period of time. 

Firstly, when a game becomes too boring for me, I would definitely quit it and look for other games that would appeal and interest me very well. 

Also if a game becomes too easy to play and complete, I'm certainly going to drop playing it because it's not a good game to waste my time on. Some times I wonder how those who plays some games with cheats tend to enjoy it? 

And finally, time factor is another thing that would make me drop a game which I'm actually enjoying to play because I can't divide myself into two to be able to continue playing the game. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I will only stop to play that game when I get stuck up in such a level or a bug. I hate bugs on games. I really do! That's why I don't want to play games like that. That's the serious thing i've hate when I'm playing and that will make me to stop playing that game!

I stopped playing certain games because it has a lot of cheaters. That is the main reason why I stopped playing games. Moreover, I do not like how other players trash talk each other. It's just toxic. I cannot bear with it. Another reason why I stopped playing certain games is because of the fact that it eats a huge amount of my time, and it comes to the point that it interferes with my way of life. Lastly, I cut-off games that becomes boring. For example, games that I do enjoy at first but, as time pass by, the thrill gradually subsides. 

On 5/13/2018 at 4:43 AM, Steve5 said:

I relate a lot with this. I'm having a hard time letting go of Plants Vs. Zombies 2. It's an android game. It was fun in the beginning. But it gradually became more of a grind as the game went on. I'm still thinking about playing it again. But it really is time consuming.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.  I can lose so much time while playing Plants vs. Zombies.  I'll intend to play for a few minutes, but the next I know an hour or two has passed. What is it about that game that is so addictive?  It sucks me in. 

Because I already done my study and need to work.  I really miss the computer shops around my university.  This is the place where I usually spend more time compare to my school.  This is where I enjoy my life playing games with my friends. 

41 minutes ago, ion said:

Because I already done my study and need to work.  I really miss the computer shops around my university.  This is the place where I usually spend more time compare to my school.  This is where I enjoy my life playing games with my friends. 

I really do miss my college school days with my game crew. We are 6 guys who are pure game addicts. We virtually played every game that we heard about back then in the school days. Sometimes we do have something like a competition amongst us to know who is still the best player /gamer among us. 

We play football tournaments with bets placed on who who would win and take the prize. It was such a great time back then but now I miss those days because we have all scattered around and our crew is dead. 

On 5/20/2018 at 7:46 AM, EternalWarrior said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one.  I can lose so much time while playing Plants vs. Zombies.  I'll intend to play for a few minutes, but the next I know an hour or two has passed. What is it about that game that is so addictive?  It sucks me in. 

I guess it draws strength from the original. I like that it's fun to play. But it actually forces you to spend more time on collecting seeds. Without enough of it, you won't progress further in the game. And yes, each level takes time to complete. An hour goes by so quickly while playing it.

On 5/16/2018 at 3:51 AM, Julz98 said:

I agree, when a game becomes boring, I definitely stop playing it and try to find another game that will make me enjoy it. I remember a game on my phone that I really like to play named clash of clan, but after a year I lose interest from it and I feel bored to play it again.

This is so true of famous games. A lot of us play to be part of the community. We follow trends in gaming. It's no surprise that most games lose players as they realize how boring it can be.

On 5/24/2018 at 12:34 AM, Martinsx1 said:

I really do miss my college school days with my game crew. We are 6 guys who are pure game addicts. We virtually played every game that we heard about back then in the school days. Sometimes we do have something like a competition amongst us to know who is still the best player /gamer among us. 

We play football tournaments with bets placed on who who would win and take the prize. It was such a great time back then but now I miss those days because we have all scattered around and our crew is dead. 

I relate to your story also, I was once have a group and in the university belt in our country, we also compete with different school, typically money involve and who's going to pay the computer rental, and counter strikes was I really enjoy during that time. 

I stopped playing because like what youve said. The game started to be more and more difficult sometimes impossible to get through. Its too boring and time consuming.

I used to really really love the Sims freeplay. I love its concept of having realistic people living realistic lives and just seeing how someone grows from a child to an old person. But I quit playing it not because I lost interest and all that. It's just this game takes a lot of space in my device. It keeps on updating, thus, taking a lot more additional space. My device started to lag and it became annoying because of that.

On 5/13/2018 at 2:22 AM, EternalWarrior said:

We've all been there.  Our once favorite games become too difficult, too expensive, too boring, too time consuming - too something - that make us stop playing.  What variable was the breaking point that made you put down a game?  Once you stop playing are you usually done for good or do you pick it up again down the road.

I'm into sci-fi movies and books, plus I had friends already playing the game, so World of Warcraft really appealed to me.  At first it was fun to explore different worlds and meet new people, but each expansion pack was full of annoying glitches that made the game a real grind to play.  I stopped playing when it became too frustrating a few years ago.  I've heard from friends that the game has improved so I'm planning to pick it back up. 

What about you? 

I stopped playing because i grew up. Ihad more and more responsibilities resulting in less time in playing. I have more important things to do now and that doesnt include playing games. 

I was an avid player of world of Warcraft, I used to play this 5-7 hours a day even if I have work to do the next day, and around 13-15 hours during weekend. it's like time passed by so quick when you are playing.. specially when we are on dungeon raids that takes around 4-6 hours just to finish it. 

I stopped playing world of Warcraft because I was so stuck on work , that I didn't have any more time in playing games, and I was so tried that whenever I got home I just go directly to bed and fall sleep.

also the time when I had the time to play again, most of my friends aren't playing anymore..

that's why I kinda lost the urge playing again.

That's what I'm feeling too. I feel bored and tired of playing some of the games I've pusrchased or downloaded for free. Whenever I've reach top rank or high level that's the time I'm feeling tired to it. And by then I have to drop the game. 

Sometimes I got bored playing the game. It's either I got bored or there are no new features so I am tired of playing the game because of the same routine again and again. Sometimes if i can't reach the most difficult mission and tried it many times, I am gonna stop playing. There are times that I enjoy playing other games that's why I have no time playing the game I used to play before.