AD BLOCKER DETECTED! Parts of site failed to load... Please disable your ad-blocker or white-list our website. It blocks more than ads and causes parts of the site to not work. Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Superman2727

What is your favorite hero in DOTA 2?

Which hero in DOTA 2 is your favorite? What kind of skills do you have when you are playing with that type of hero? Do you feel comfortable and confident in winning when using that hero? Who is that and why? Cheers!

I have lots of favorites. My favorite right now would have to be Dwarven Sniper. He's just so much fun to use. I'm confident playing Dwarven because I'm good at avoiding sudden deaths while using him. His range is the first thing I max out. He can target towers without taking damage.

3 hours ago, Steve5 said:

I have lots of favorites. My favorite right now would have to be Dwarven Sniper. He's just so much fun to use. I'm confident playing Dwarven because I'm good at avoiding sudden deaths while using him. His range is the first thing I max out. He can target towers without taking damage.

Same! Sniper, AKA Kardel Sharpeye, was the first hero I learned back in DOTA 1. I spent at least 30% of all my game time in both DOTA and DOTA 2 playing with him. I like to play the marksman role in any game that I play and Sniper fits the role perfectly!

Hard to pick favorites as I have many heroes I like, but the hero that comes to my mind is Rubick. He is one of the most distinct, disruptive and entertaining characters in Dota. Ability theft is his reason to be, the reason I pick him, and the reason he's special.

16 hours ago, EfficientNinja said:

Same! Sniper, AKA Kardel Sharpeye, was the first hero I learned back in DOTA 1. I spent at least 30% of all my game time in both DOTA and DOTA 2 playing with him. I like to play the marksman role in any game that I play and Sniper fits the role perfectly!

I think people always suggest him or drow ranger for beginners. Not that they're too simplistic. But because they're relatively easy to use. It's also nice to use his character since you're less likely to get killed due to encounters.

1 hour ago, Steve5 said:

I think people always suggest him or drow ranger for beginners. Not that they're too simplistic. But because they're relatively easy to use. It's also nice to use his character since you're less likely to get killed due to encounters.

I find the opposite when playing Sniper. In higher ranks, they know how to focus on heroes that are dangerous for their team. They'll mostly ignore the frontline and do their best in killing a Sniper first.

When I see a lineup that has a lot of gap closers or heroes that rely on blinks, I choose a hero with a good escape mechanism.

I've played Dota since the beginning days of Dota 1 and there's still one giant thing in it that I'll never understand why: Invoker.

I know Invoker is the Dota poster boy and since the people that play Invoker basically only play Invoker and will cry if he gets nerfed, bu this hero is unreal to play against in pubs. I don't know who thought it was a good idea in the first place to make a hero who has an innate 'orb' effect that boosts his damage, regen, attack and movespeed. And they aren't even counted towards one of his ten spells.

On 5/11/2018 at 6:36 PM, EfficientNinja said:

I find the opposite when playing Sniper. In higher ranks, they know how to focus on heroes that are dangerous for their team. They'll mostly ignore the frontline and do their best in killing a Sniper first.

When I see a lineup that has a lot of gap closers or heroes that rely on blinks, I choose a hero with a good escape mechanism.

True! I couldn't agree more. But his range gives you an advantage against close encounters. Especially, if you have true sight to see invisible heroes. That's why I max out his range. Few will attempt to attack him alone because they'll suffer a lot of damage before getting close enough to do fatal damage. Though, this is for attack damage. Opponent spells can be dangerous too.

On 5/11/2018 at 8:44 PM, Naoms said:

I've played Dota since the beginning days of Dota 1 and there's still one giant thing in it that I'll never understand why: Invoker.

I know Invoker is the Dota poster boy and since the people that play Invoker basically only play Invoker and will cry if he gets nerfed, bu this hero is unreal to play against in pubs. I don't know who thought it was a good idea in the first place to make a hero who has an innate 'orb' effect that boosts his damage, regen, attack and movespeed. And they aren't even counted towards one of his ten spells.

I guess one of few cons is the difficulty in using him. He's hard for me to play due to his numerous spells. You'd have to really be good at using him in order to beat other players.

My favorite hero in DOTA 2 is omniknight. My role in DOTA 2 is always support when I'm with my friends and omniknight was a hero that makes me feel comfortable to play and I like his skills that is good for a clash especially the guardian skill. But sometimes we can comeback the game with his ultimate skill which is very helpful after I build aghanims.

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2018 at 8:18 PM, Steve5 said:

Kardel Sharpeye is one of the most broken hero in world of DOTA. He uses his range in order to easily kill his foe. His ult is such a great assassination for low HP enemies but he is one of the heroes who can get killed easily.

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2018 at 11:41 AM, JackOAT said:

Hard to pick favorites as I have many heroes I like, but the hero that comes to my mind is Rubick. He is one of the most distinct, disruptive and entertaining characters in Dota. Ability theft is his reason to be, the reason I pick him, and the reason he's special.

Agreed, Rubick is such a skilled hero to choose for. You must have a nice intellectual skills to play him really well. I used to play him and glad that it is alright. Although, he is a support player. He can still manage to kill his enemies as well. Great roamer and nice support! +1 for Rubick! 

On 5/11/2018 at 8:44 PM, Naoms said:

Invoker is such a hard one. Usually when you are just started to play DOTA. Invoker uses a lot of skills in order to kill an enemy hero. He uses all of his skills to win the game. The user must be really fast reacting. I admit that he is a hard to use hero but agree that he can misplays the enemy and win all through out the game.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Superman2727 said:

Kardel Sharpeye is one of the most broken hero in world of DOTA. He uses his range in order to easily kill his foe. His ult is such a great assassination for low HP enemies but he is one of the heroes who can get killed easily.

That's true. He's really easy to beat given the right circumstances. I just meant that his max range will give you a better chance at avoiding close encounters while still being able to deal damage from afar. Also, I like that he's sort of broken. Sometimes you just can't avoid having imbalanced heroes in games. 😁

Agreed, Rubick is such a skilled hero to choose for. You must have a nice intellectual skills to play him really well. I used to play him and glad that it is alright. Although, he is a support player. He can still manage to kill his enemies as well. Great roamer and nice support! +1 for Rubick! 

I don't think I can play him well. You really have to know stuff to use him effectively. I just like using his main spell for damage. Fade bolt is such a useful spell. I pretty much end up using this until the enemy has few HP left. Then I use their stolen ultimate against them.

Invoker is such a hard one. Usually when you are just started to play DOTA. Invoker uses a lot of skills in order to kill an enemy hero. He uses all of his skills to win the game. The user must be really fast reacting. I admit that he is a hard to use hero but agree that he can misplays the enemy and win all through out the game.

I cannot stress enough how true this is. You must have lightning fast reflexes just to get the timing right. And that's even without memorizing the specific keys for invoking certain spells. My favorites spells are Sun Strike and Chaos Meteor. They're great for confrontations and surprise hitting low HP heroes.

On 5/16/2018 at 6:32 PM, Steve5 said:

That's true. He's really easy to beat given the right circumstances. I just meant that his max range will give you a better chance at avoiding close encounters while still being able to deal damage from afar. Also, I like that he's sort of broken. Sometimes you just can't avoid having imbalanced heroes in games. 😁

Yeah, he's quite easy to use and Kardel is more recommendable for beginners. They can use Kardel's abilities to explore the world of DOTA. Hmmm, Kardel is easy to counter; Dagger or Shadow Blade/Lothar are one of the most deadliest counter for Kardel. I won't find him hard to kill or something broken. 

On 5/16/2018 at 6:38 PM, Steve5 said:

I don't think I can play him well. You really have to know stuff to use him effectively. I just like using his main spell for damage. Fade bolt is such a useful spell. I pretty much end up using this until the enemy has few HP left. Then I use their stolen ultimate against them.

Rubick is good to use when you already see the lineup of the opposing team. Rubick is more of intellectual skills than physical. You should know what you are doing to really play him well. Rubick is a versatile hero and he is broken when he is being used by a professional player.

On 5/16/2018 at 6:41 PM, Steve5 said:

I cannot stress enough how true this is. You must have lightning fast reflexes just to get the timing right. And that's even without memorizing the specific keys for invoking certain spells. My favorites spells are Sun Strike and Chaos Meteor. They're great for confrontations and surprise hitting low HP heroes.

Nice choice of spells tho, want to predict the movement of those low HP heroes? Sounds funny but true. I admit that my favorite spell of Invoker is Sun Strike also. I love predicting their movements and locations for easy kill. Since DOTA 1, I already memorized the keys assigned to each spells and the combination of those. 

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2018 at 12:59 AM, Superman2727 said:

Nice choice of spells tho, want to predict the movement of those low HP heroes? Sounds funny but true. I admit that my favorite spell of Invoker is Sun Strike also. I love predicting their movements and locations for easy kill. Since DOTA 1, I already memorized the keys assigned to each spells and the combination of those. 

Actually, I learned how useful it is from playing against AI. It would always use Sun Strike accurately on me. Even when I learned how to dodge it, it was still successful against me most of the time. It's actually hard to use it as well unless the hero is not moving.

10 hours ago, Steve5 said:

Actually, I learned how useful it is from playing against AI. It would always use Sun Strike accurately on me. Even when I learned how to dodge it, it was still successful against me most of the time. It's actually hard to use it as well unless the hero is not moving.

Yeah you're right! it's hard to predict the movement of the hero of course since it has a fog. But mostly, I can predict myself where they gonna go when they have low hp so I can target my sun strike accurately. Hehehe!

• Haha 1

Another great spell of his is "Ghost Walk." He usually uses it for escape in tight situations. This skills is so OP when handled by an AI. When his health is low, it would automatically use this spell. 😁

On 5/16/2018 at 3:26 AM, Julz98 said:

My favorite hero in DOTA 2 is omniknight. My role in DOTA 2 is always support when I'm with my friends and omniknight was a hero that makes me feel comfortable to play and I like his skills that is good for a clash especially the guardian skill. But sometimes we can comeback the game with his ultimate skill which is very helpful after I build aghanims.

I like support heroes too. What's great about playing this role is you don't have the burden of winning the game. All you have to do is help secure victory by healing and buffing your teammates. He's probably the most stubborn healer since he can heal and damage instantly. While his ultimate allows him to become invulnerable along with allies.

22 hours ago, Steve5 said:

Another great spell of his is "Ghost Walk." He usually uses it for escape in tight situations. This skills is so OP when handled by an AI. When his health is low, it would automatically use this spell. 😁

Yeah, agreed. Honestly, AI are the ones who really mastered the power of Invoker. They can immediately cast spells into you in just a blink of an eye. I really hate playing against Insane AI as an Invoker. But I can proudly say that I can really use Invoker.

On 5/16/2018 at 3:26 AM, Julz98 said:

Omniknight is such an OP hero for me. He can play the role of carry and support as well. He can manage a team play also. I love how Omniknight players do a lot of crazy things to bring his team to win. He can kill you alone or help another teammate for a gank.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1