AD BLOCKER DETECTED! Parts of site failed to load... Please disable your ad-blocker or white-list our website. It blocks more than ads and causes parts of the site to not work. Thank you!

Guest Splenectomy

What to do if you hate the game?

Guest Splenectomy

I've been around for a while and love the game, but a friend of mine has just bought the game and absolutely hates it. He hates the buggy physics and how much of a pain it is to get in and out of his Aurora, but not just that. He hates the long loading times, unintuitive mechanics and gameplay. He did the PI mission because he didn't want to dogfight yet and hated the whole thing. Going to a place you have to navigate like a maze in zero gravity just to push a button. He also wishes that he could get a ship that wasn't absolute garbage without shelling out more money for an already expensive game that isn't even close to release.

He knew it was an alpha, but he expected it to be somewhat enjoyable. How can I show him that it's not all that bad?

Sounds like that would be pretty difficult at an alpha stage, given his long list of dislikes.

Although lets be fair, thats not unusual at all for an alpha, and its called that for a reason - maybe remind him of that and ask if he really knows what an alpha is?

If it's just the bugs that your friend is complaining about, you can explain to him that these are the early stages of the game and it is still in development. After its initial release, you can expect the game to have a better gaming experience since most of these issues are already addressed by the developers.

Sorry, even after reading your post twice, I can't seem to work out what game that your friend has got and that you are playing. However, whatever game it is, if they do hate it, it won't be too easy for you to convince them that the game is good. The only thing you can do is to play with him (if there is a multiplayer aspect to the game) and show him a good time. Some of my best gaming experiences have been playing online with friends so if you can do this with him, maybe he will change his mind and start to love the game because he had some good memories on it.

If that was its first impression you will not be able to change it. When there is no attraction to a game the owner will not find anything to enjoy. It is better for him to play another game instead of you losing time to show him what is fun in that game.

Okay. I think there are two possible ways to that, either you can explain well and convince him that game bugs are just temporary and it is just normal and very common issue to all games, or if he/she does not listen and not willing to understand the issue then so be it. We don't have to force one person to like it when he/she does not have any interest for that in the first place. It is his/her choice in the end whether he/she will eventually understand what really is going on or completely close his door for that game. But don't try to still explain to him the issue as much as possible.

Delete the game and its No use if you keep continuing playing it and  you don't like anymore. It will waste your time and energy.  Also  games are made for fun and escaping from  stress too it will be better if you playing  a game while having fun.

You can't really force someone to like the same game as you, just choose another game that you both can enjoy together.

I think it's easy to explain that to your friend, and I think you're friend needs some rest.  He is just being too much attach to the game and he's running out of patience.  He always wanted to start the game immediately.  He needs to walk and some fresh air.

I think the problem is with you, bad or good is relative. It's clear to me that this game is not the kind of game your friend likes, just accept this. Try to find another game that both of you like without force yourselves to like it.

On 5/10/2018 at 8:27 PM, kingcool52 said:

Sorry, even after reading your post twice, I can't seem to work out what game that your friend has got and that you are playing. However, whatever game it is, if they do hate it, it won't be too easy for you to convince them that the game is good. The only thing you can do is to play with him (if there is a multiplayer aspect to the game) and show him a good time. Some of my best gaming experiences have been playing online with friends so if you can do this with him, maybe he will change his mind and start to love the game because he had some good memories on it.

I had the same feeling as did you after reading his message. I had to read the message twice in order to try and understand what game that was being referred to but still couldn't make it out. 

So therefore, what I would recommend is if a game annoys you and isn't enjoying to play anymore, it's best to get rid of it and dump the damn game. There are millions of games to pick up and play. 

well it's kinda hard if expect too much on a game and yet it wasn't what expected.. even worst when it is very different from what you really expected.. I too have the same issue. when I first played Blade and soul.. because seeing the trailers and ads of it was really amazing.. then I played it.. yes the graphics was one of a kind.. I guess.. I didn't thought that the gameplay would that sad.. I mean. it's ok.. but the gameplay doesn't make you hype to play.. in short I just uninstall it and go back with World of Warcraft.

Not people have the same interest as you. I think even though you explain it to him still he will not understand. He has already a first impression to it. Like what the saying says, first impression last. Just don't anybody whether friend or not. They have the choice on what to like or not. 

• Haha 1

I don't think you can convince someone to like a game if they don't. I'm not saying it's impossible. I just think it's unlikely to happen. But if you're determined to change his view, it's going to take some time. I guess playing the game with him may do the trick. Though, you have to make sure that he gradually enjoys it or else he'll hate it more. 😂

1 hour ago, Annejk18 said:

Not people have the same interest as you. I think even though you explain it to him still he will not understand. He has already a first impression to it. Like what the saying says, first impression last. Just don't anybody whether friend or not. They have the choice on what to like or not. 

I know what you mean. The last time I tried to show someone that something was actually okay, they kind of ended up hating it more. Maybe they just had an exaggerated at the time. But people are stubborn once they've made up their minds. 

3 hours ago, Steve5 said:

I know what you mean. The last time I tried to show someone that something was actually okay, they kind of ended up hating it more. Maybe they just had an exaggerated at the time. But people are stubborn once they've made up their minds. 

Just don't mind them. It's always okay as long as your doing want you want. 

• Haha 1

You're right. What matters is that we follow what makes us happy. Also, it really is up to them if they'll find it worth their time. Only time will tell if they change their minds about the game.

On 5/29/2018 at 10:30 AM, pamz said:

well it's kinda hard if expect too much on a game and yet it wasn't what expected.. even worst when it is very different from what you really expected.. I too have the same issue. when I first played Blade and soul.. because seeing the trailers and ads of it was really amazing.. then I played it.. yes the graphics was one of a kind.. I guess.. I didn't thought that the gameplay would that sad.. I mean. it's ok.. but the gameplay doesn't make you hype to play.. in short I just uninstall it and go back with World of Warcraft.

That's funny. I think it's the case for many games. You go in expecting that a game is totally awesome. Only to find out that it was kind of over-hyped. Or that you had too much expectations. Such is the life of a gamer.

On 5/29/2018 at 4:26 PM, Steve5 said:

I don't think you can convince someone to like a game if they don't. I'm not saying it's impossible. I just think it's unlikely to happen. But if you're determined to change his view, it's going to take some time. I guess playing the game with him may do the trick. Though, you have to make sure that he gradually enjoys it or else he'll hate it more. 😂

I agree if someone doesn't like the game he probably not going to play it anymore and hard to convince them. I have a friend that he really doesn't like to play the game I like. I can't convince him to play that game, that's why I never force him to play that game.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Julz98 said:

I agree if someone doesn't like the game he probably not going to play it anymore and hard to convince them. I have a friend that he really doesn't like to play the game I like. I can't convince him to play that game, that's why I never force him to play that game.

It's fine. There will be more games to come. So many out there to play. Don't limit yourself to what you know right now. I'm sure you'll find the game for both of you.

It was simple I really hate the game I surely delete it and I didn't play it forever, You know sometimes even you like the games but you cant play it because sometimes its not compatible to your device so I just delete it.

On 4/17/2017 at 1:32 AM, Guest Splenectomy said:

I've been around for a while and love the game, but a friend of mine has just bought the game and absolutely hates it. He hates the buggy physics and how much of a pain it is to get in and out of his Aurora, but not just that. He hates the long loading times, unintuitive mechanics and gameplay. He did the PI mission because he didn't want to dogfight yet and hated the whole thing. Going to a place you have to navigate like a maze in zero gravity just to push a button. He also wishes that he could get a ship that wasn't absolute garbage without shelling out more money for an already expensive game that isn't even close to release.

He knew it was an alpha, but he expected it to be somewhat enjoyable. How can I show him that it's not all that bad?

I think that it's hard to influence someone to like a game because each person has unexplainable unique preferences when it comes to gaming and if a person hates a game then he should just return it, exchange it or sell it and find one that he likes.

Well, this may happen sometimes when you are new to the gaming world and perhaps it does happen with every newcomer who is very enthusiastic to have the experience of new games. One may end up purchasing games that look very good initially but after buying the game the person realizes that the game was not what he was expecting. Once you buy the game and you don't like it, there is nothing that can be done. It's always better to get feedback from other friends who already have the game and then make the final decision of buying it, otherwise, it will eventually result in wasting your money.

It's better to stop playing a game that don't look interesting. It will be a waste of time. There are many games that are entertaining and surely will kill the time. Try to stick something that the mind will be challenge. A gamer knows what he wants on a certain game. Just enjoy and explore other games.