AD BLOCKER DETECTED! Parts of site failed to load... Please disable your ad-blocker or white-list our website. It blocks more than ads and causes parts of the site to not work. Thank you!

Guest Luke_Filewalker

Do you have a Motorcycle?

Guest Luke_Filewalker

Do you guys ride a Motorcycle?

If so, which one do you have and what would be a Bike you are looking for?

cheers

Before, I do own a motorcycle and I drive it well because it is much more convenient than a 4 wheel car. But since the day that I belong in a road accident; things get worst. Slippery road is the main reason why I don't want to ride a motorcycle. That's why I have a trauma in riding motorcycles.

I currently don't own a motorcycle. But I like the idea of having one. Though, I guess could say I'm sharing my relative's motorcycle since I ride it from time to time. So it somehow feels like I have one because he's very generous in sharing it.

Edited by Steve5

On 3/2/2017 at 1:23 PM, Guest Luke_Filewalker said:

cheers

Yes i do have a motorcycle. Its a yamaha mio soul i 125. I had it for almost 3 years and its still good as new! Ive travelled with it to far places and all its parts are stocks! So glad i chose this motorcycle

I have a Yamaha X1 and Raider R150. Most of the time I use motorcycle because it usually use less half the petrol a car would and motorcycle are easier to park than cars. The ability to pull over anytime is a real bonus. This is great for sightseeing and looking around new places.

I have Yamaha X1 and inspite of being a woman, I ride it without fear of falling down. The reason for the same is that I think that motorcycle is the best ride we can have when we want to travel on tough roads and for long drives.

Moreover, it consumes less fuel and I can drive it on any road and on broken roads too. I generally love to travel like a tourist and I also love to stop at some beautiful scenes. Then my bike gives me a lot of support while travelling.

Never had one, and I also didn't learn to ride the bicycle, so I think I'm just generally uncomfortable in 2 wheels. I prefer to drive around in a nice car.

Yes, I experience riding a motorcycle, but I prefer 4 wheels than a motorcycle because I feel safe driving a car even it is not 100% safe I just feel comfortable in a car and since I'm a kid I want to drive a car than a motorcycle.

I had a motorcycle in the past, I have sold it after few years from my wedding. I had a Honda Hornet from 2004, I really regret that I had to sell it but we needed a care instead of a motorcycle.

On 3/2/2017 at 6:23 AM, Guest Luke_Filewalker said:

cheers

Right from when I was a child, I had a very serious phobia towards bicycle, I couldn't learn how to ride and when I tried and I fell down several times and got myself injured. So it affected my psychology on riding a bicycle as a result of that I could not be able to even ride a motorbike today because I'm still afraid to fall from it. 

On 5/26/2018 at 1:34 AM, Julz98 said:

Yes, I experience riding a motorcycle, but I prefer 4 wheels than a motorcycle because I feel safe driving a car even it is not 100% safe I just feel comfortable in a car and since I'm a kid I want to drive a car than a motorcycle.

I agree. Cars are much better in terms of safety. They're also more comfortable. I guess motorcycles just have a bit of convenience in driving through traffic and cramped areas. But other than that, cars rule.

1 hour ago, Steve5 said:

I agree. Cars are much better in terms of safety. They're also more comfortable. I guess motorcycles just have a bit of convenience in driving through traffic and cramped areas. But other than that, cars rule.

Exactly, it's actually why it's not favorable to me buying a motorcycle because it's prone to falling, and once someone is riding it and it falls, you are definitely getting injured. A friend of mine had a broken neck from taking one nasty fall from his motorcycle. 

• Sad 1

No and I don't exactly plan on owning one. If I could invest my money in a vehicle, I would go with something that has four wheels and a roof. It is so much more comfortable riding a car and, in my opinion, much cooler. Literally and figuratively.

Anyway, I'm not being a pessimist or anything, but accidents are very common these days and I have a higher chance of survival if I'm in a car. An acquaintance of mine just passed away because of a vehicular accident and he was driving a motorcycle. I also have a cousin who passed away in relatively the same way. So that's a no for motorcycles.

• Sad 1

Yes, I tried to drive motorcycle. It was just like a normal bike but without bicycle pedal and its kind of heavy than the bike. It was the time when I let my cousin practiced me because I wanted to try it and I wanted to learn about it so that I can use our motorcycle.

12 hours ago, Martinsx1 said:

Exactly, it's actually why it's not favorable to me buying a motorcycle because it's prone to falling, and once someone is riding it and it falls, you are definitely getting injured. A friend of mine had a broken neck from taking one nasty fall from his motorcycle. 

That's so sad. Your friend is very lucky to have survived such a fatal fall. This is also why many of us don't want to ride motorcycles. For a lot of people, it's not worth the risk.

3 hours ago, nekonieden said:

Yes, I tried to drive motorcycle. It was just like a normal bike but without bicycle pedal and its kind of heavy than the bike. It was the time when I let my cousin practiced me because I wanted to try it and I wanted to learn about it so that I can use our motorcycle.

Some motorcycles are much easier to use compared to others. I think most users have advanced models since they're already experienced in driving it. But for newcomers, there are safer and less complicated models available for them.

6 hours ago, J53772 said:

No and I don't exactly plan on owning one. If I could invest my money in a vehicle, I would go with something that has four wheels and a roof. It is so much more comfortable riding a car and, in my opinion, much cooler. Literally and figuratively.

Anyway, I'm not being a pessimist or anything, but accidents are very common these days and I have a higher chance of survival if I'm in a car. An acquaintance of mine just passed away because of a vehicular accident and he was driving a motorcycle. I also have a cousin who passed away in relatively the same way. So that's a no for motorcycles.

I feel you. It seems like motorcycle accidents are more dramatic. Car accidents happen a lot but motorcycle trouble seems to draw people's attention. In a way, they're more likely to happen since they're not the safest means of transport. So I definitely support you on choosing cars over this type of vehicle.

I used to have a motorcycle whic I usually use going school. Unfortunately it was stolen in the university. I feel bad whenever I remember that. It was my dad's birthday present to me. 

Yes, and I really love to ride my motorcycle,  I only have suzuki raider 150, the first gen.  Suzuki raider is the popular motorcycle in our country and we customized it to looks pretty and fast.  My plan for the next three years is to buy much more better and stronger motorcycle, like the big bike or having 5000 cc motorcycle. 

On 5/29/2018 at 9:16 AM, Steve5 said:

That's so sad. Your friend is very lucky to have survived such a fatal fall. This is also why many of us don't want to ride motorcycles. For a lot of people, it's not worth the risk.

Seriously, it was an experience which anyone wouldn't want to experience because not everyone can have such encounter and survive it. 

I know my little experience with riding bicycle and the kind of injuries that I sustained in the process which is why I am not a fan of riding anything on 2 tyres. 

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Martinsx1 said:

Seriously, it was an experience which anyone wouldn't want to experience because not everyone can have such encounter and survive it. 

I know my little experience with riding bicycle and the kind of injuries that I sustained in the process which is why I am not a fan of riding anything on 2 tyres. 

I relate with others who don't like riding this type of vehicle. So much can go wrong if events don't play out right. As with all things, caution should be followed whenever you're using it. And if you're really uncomfortable, simply opt to use cars instead of motorcycles.

• Like 1

I don't have one and am utterly terrible at riding one!  I guess, though, I could learn with practice, but I'm not much drawn toward them.  However, I do like bicycle riding quite a bit - though I prefer jogging.

Anyway, motorcycling could be a good skill to learn - simply for gas savings I think.

Edited by Jasonn

23 hours ago, Steve5 said:

I relate with others who don't like riding this type of vehicle. So much can go wrong if events don't play out right. As with all things, caution should be followed whenever you're using it. And if you're really uncomfortable, simply opt to use cars instead of motorcycles.

This is so very true especially when it comes to myself in question. In as much as it's tempting anytime I see people riding their motorcycle because of its speed and how they swerve on the road dodging traffic, I still wouldn't be silly enough to go and buy a motorcycle or even give it a trial. I'm a lot more comfortable driving my Lexus RX 350. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2018 at 4:37 PM, Jasonn said:

I don't have one and am utterly terrible at riding one!  I guess, though, I could learn with practice, but I'm not much drawn toward them.  However, I do like bicycle riding quite a bit - though I prefer jogging.

Anyway, motorcycling could be a good skill to learn - simply for gas savings I think.

I'm okay with bicycles. Motorcycles are a different thing entirely. I find that it's convenient for certain uses. But it can be dangerous for those with less experience.